09 April 2012

I Heard It This Time

Sometimes I am just confuddled beyond belief about God.  What an enigma, and complete source of love and justice....how does it all balance into perfection?  I read this this morning: Psalms 31:7-8 -  "I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul, and you have no delivered me into the hand of the enemy; you have set my feet in a broad place."  He is not rejoicing because he has been rescued, brought out of his affliction.  He is rejoicing because he has not been ruined, not delivered.  Delivered?  God did not take him to his enemies and hand him over.  But instead, gave him a safe and wide road to walk on.  Sometimes that road gets pretty narrow, but God will not push you off, will not allow you to fall into the depths of despair.  You cling to him, and he will never let you go.  The wording here..."you have known the distress of my soul"...known means that God has experienced it, that he feels it and knows EXACTLY what you are going through.  And so much more.  I am just resting in this today.  Feeling complete and peaceful, being in Iowa City in the spring.  It is so pretty here.  The river, the hills, and the rolling countryside.  While the interstate drive leaves something to be desired, the beauty I experience here in my soul is well worth the drive.  Maybe it is being with an old friend that makes everything shine, but I am happy nonetheless.  And I am reflecting on his sacrifice, his utter despair and pain, and realizing that I have nothing to complain about and nothing to worry about.  I am but a sparrow, loved and adored, and completely safe and taken care of.  Even if I don't see it.  I know it to be true. 

No comments: